- Etkind S.N.
- Bone A.E.
- Lovell N.
- et al.
- Kematick B.S.
- Phantumvanit V.
- Lynch M.
- et al.
- Suliman I.
- Xiang E.
- McBride P.
- et al.
|Tool||Description||How to Access|
|Pallicovid.app||Online progressive Web application that can be downloaded to a smartphone or desktop with links to the one-page summaries, pocket cards, covidprotocols.org, communication videos, and institution-specific resources||Online at pallicovid.app, also available as mobile phone or desktop applications|
|Palliative Care section of CovidProtocols.org||Online resource with guidelines for managing anxiety, dyspnea, pain, nausea/vomiting, constipation, care of the imminently dying patient, and communication skills, also with links to institution-specific resources||Online at Covidprotocols.org, link from pallicovid.app|
|One-page summaries||2 one-page guides for managing dyspnea, pain, delirium, constipation, and goals of care conversations||Posted in clinician workrooms; online at covidprotocols.org and pallicovid.app|
|Pocket cards||Concise guidelines from one-page summaries||Distributed by hand, covidprotocols.org, pallicovid.app|
|Communication skills videos||Six short videos specific to different clinical settings (3 for the ICU, 2 for hospital medicine, 1 for the ED) with guidelines on how to discuss serious news, goals of care, and code status.||Links from covidprotocols.org, pallicovid.app|
|COVID nurse resource line||Pager covered 24/7 by palliative care nurse practitioners for nursing advice on communication and symptom management for patients with COVID-19 and their families||BWH pager|
|Palliative care office hours||One-hour availability offered daily by a palliative care attending for informal consultation, curbsides||Zoom line|
Disclosures and Acknowledgments
- The role and response of palliative care and hospice services in epidemics and pandemics: a rapid review to inform practice during the COVID-19 pandemic.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2020.03.029
- What should palliative care's response Be to the COVID-19 pandemic?.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2020.03.013
- A Physician's Guide to Pain and Symptom Management in Cancer Patients.3rd ed. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore2014
- Pain Management Tables & Guidelines. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute & Brigham and Women's Hospital.(Available from)
- Adult Guidelines for Assessment and Management of Nausea and Vomiting. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute & Brigham and Women's Hospital.(Available from)
- COVID-Ready Communication Skills: A Playbook of VitalTalk Tips.VitalTalk, Seattle2020
- REMAP: a framework for goals of care conversations.J Oncol Pract. 2017; 13: e844-e850