Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Association between physician US news & world report medical school ranking and patient outcomes and costs of care: observational study.BMJ (Clin Res ed). 2018; 362: k3640
- Preventive services offered in executive physicals at Top-Ranked Hospitals.JAMA. 2019; 322: 1101-1103
- Association of rankings with cardiovascular outcomes at Top-Ranked Hospitals vs Nonranked Hospitals in the United States.JAMA Cardiol. 2018; 3: 1222-1225
FAQ: How and why we rank and rate hospitals. U.S. News & World Report. Available at: https://health.usnews.com/health-care/best-hospitals/articles/faq-how-and-why-we-rank-and-rate-hospitals. Accessed October 11, 2020.
- Epidemiology and patterns of care at the end of life: rising complexity, shifts in care patterns and sites of death.Health Affairs. 2017; 36: 1175-1183
- Change in end-of-life care for Medicare beneficiaries: site of death, place of care, and health care transitions in 2000, 2005, and 2009.JAMA. 2013; 309: 470-477
- Moving upstream: a review of the evidence of the impact of outpatient palliative care.Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2013; 16: 1540-1549
- The growth of palliative care in U.S. Hospitals: a status report.J Palliat Med. 2016; 19: 8-15
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Rankings. U.S. News & World Report. Available at: https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed October 3, 2020.
- Get Palliative Care.2019. Available at:Accessed October 3, 2020)
- America's care of serious illness: a state-by-state report card on access to palliative care in our nation's hospitals.2019 (Available at:)Accessed October 11, 2020)
- Palliative Care Certification.The Joint Commission. 2020; (Available at:) (Accessed March 9, 2021)https://www.jointcommission.org/accreditation-and-certification/certification/certifications-by-setting/hospital-certifications/palliative-care-certification/
- National consensus project clinical practice guidelines for quality palliative care guidelines, 4th edition.J Palliat Med. 2018; 21: 1684-1689
- Association between palliative care and patient and caregiver outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2104-2114
- Growth of palliative care (PC) in United States cancer centers: a national survey.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37 (11601-11601)
- The diverse landscape of palliative care clinics.J Palliat Med. 2013; 16: 661-668
- Filling the gap: creating an outpatient palliative care program in your institution.Am Soc Clin Oncol Edu Book. 2018; 38: 111-121
- Hospital characteristics associated with palliative care prevalence.J Palliative Med. 2020; 23: 1296-1299