Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Definition and classification of cancer cachexia: an international consensus.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 489-495
- Cancer cachexia: diagnosis, assessment, and treatment.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2018; 127: 91-104
- Cancer cachexia and skeletal muscle atrophy in clinical studies: what do we really know?.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1002/jcsm.12633
- Cancer-associated cachexia.Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2018; 4: 17105
- Management of cancer cachexia: ASCO guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 2438-2453
- What is the evidence for mirtazapine in treating cancer-related symptomatology? A systematic review.Support Care Cancer. 2020; 28: 1597-1606
- Mirtazapine versus other antidepressive agents for depression.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; 12CD006528
- An open-label, crossover trial of mirtazapine (15 and 30 mg) in cancer patients with pain and other distressing symptoms.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2002; 23: 442-447
- Phase II trial of mirtazapine for cancer-related cachexia and anorexia.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2010; 27: 106-110
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Palliative care (Version 1. 2020). PA: National Comprehensive Cancer Network, 2020. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/palliative.pdf. Accessed September 10, 2020.
Edmonton Canada: Alberta Health Services, 2015. Symptom assessment system, revised version (ESAS-R) - Arabic. Available at: https://www.cancercareontario.ca/sites/ccocancercare/files/assets/CCOESAS-Arabic.pdf. Accessed August, 2017.
- Toxicity and response criteria of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group.Am J Clin Oncol. 1982; 5: 649-655
- Are you depressed? Screening for depression in the terminally ill.Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 154: 674-676
Ribaudo JM, Cella D, Hahn EA, et al. Re-validation and shortening of the Functional Assessment of Anorexia/Cachexia Therapy (FAACT) questionnaire. Qual Life Res. 2000;9(10):1137–46.
- Development and validation of Arabic version of the hospital anxiety and depression scale.Saudi J Anaesth. 2017; 11: S11-S18
- Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) v4.03.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD.2010 (Available at:)Accessed August, 2017)
- Effects of melatonin on appetite and other symptoms in patients with advanced cancer and cachexia: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 1271-1276
- Randomised phase III clinical trial of 5 different arms of treatment on 332 patients with cancer cachexia.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2010; 14: 292-301
- Imputation with the R Package VIM.J Statistical Software. 2016; 74: 1-6
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2021 (Available at:)
- Mirtazapine improves sleep and lowers anxiety and depression in cancer patients: superiority over imipramine.Support Care Cancer. 2008; 16 (Accessed April, 2021): 1291-1298
- Intolerance to mirtazapine in advanced cancer.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2011; 42: e4-e7