Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Estimates of medication diversion in hospice.JAMA. 2020; 323: 566-568
- Classification and definition of misuse, abuse, and related events in clinical trials: ACTTION systematic review and recommendations.Pain. 2013; 154: 2287-2296
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Injection safety: Drug diversion. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/injectionsafety/drugdiversion/index.html. Accessed March 18, 2020.
National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. NHPCO Facts and figures: 2020 Edition. Alexandria, VA: National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. Available at: https://www.nhpco.org/wp-content/uploads/NHPCO-Facts-Figures-2020-edition.pdf. Accessed December 20, 2020.
- Diversion of opioid pain medications at end-of-life.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2009; 26: 214-218
- When the opioid medications go missing: confidentiality and safety in adolescents.Innov Clin Neurosci. 2017; 14: 25-27
- Opioids for the treatment of chronic pain: mistakes made, lessons learned, and future directions.Anesth Analg. 2017; 125: 1769-1778
- Perspectives on the opioid crisis from pain medicine clinicians.Dis Mon. 2018; 64: 451-466
- Palliative nursing summit: nurses leading change and transforming primary palliative care: Nursing's role in providing pain and symptom management.J Hosp Palliat Nurs. 2018; 20: 30-35
- Screening and assessment of substance use in hospice care: Examining content from a national sample of psychosocial assessments.J Palliat Med. 2017; 20: 850-856
- Screening for substance abuse and diversion in Virginia hospices.J Palliat Med. 2013; 16: 237-242
- State legislation to prevent diversion of opioids in hospice programs: a deeper look into Ohio law.J Hosp Palliat Nurs. 2019; 21: 365-372
- Managing prescription drug diversion risks: caring for individuals at home.J Addict Nurs. 2014; 25: 114-121
United States Congress. H.R.6 – SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act. Available at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6/text. Accessed October 17, 2020.
Cagle JG, Ware OD. 15 Recommendations for preventing medication diversion & misuse in hospice care. Washington, DC: Hospice Foundation of America. Available at:https://hospicefoundation.org/hfa/media/Files/Preventing-Medication-Diversion-in-Hospice-Recommendations-10-28-2019.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2020.
- Confirmed medication diversion in hospice care: qualitative findings from a national sample of agencies.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2020; 12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2020.09.013
- The Delphi technique: making sense of consensus.Pract Assess Res Evaluation. 2007; 12: 1-8
- A critical review of the Delphi technique as a research methodology for nursing.Int J Nurs Stud. 2001; 38: 195-200
- Quality indicators for palliative day services: a modified Delphi study.J Palliat Med. 2019; 33: 197-205
- Prioritisation of future research topics for children's hospice care by its key stakeholders: A Delphi study.J Palliat Med. 2009; 23: 398-405
Qualtrics. Qualtrics, Provo, UT. Available at: https://www.qualtrics.com. Accessed July 17, 2020.
Virginia Association for Hospices and Palliative Care. Risk evaluation & mitigation tool-kit: Strategies to promote the safe use of opioids. Richmond, VA: Virginia Association for Hospices and Palliative Care. Available at:https://www.virginiahospices.org/assets/docs/REM_TOOLKIT/REM%20Tool%20Kit%204Website_2019.pdf. Accessed August 20, 2018.
- Navigating challenging conversations about nonmedical opioid use in the context of oncology.Oncologist. 2019; 24: 1299-1304
- Health care equity: from fragmentation to transformation.NEJM Catalyst Innovations in Care Delivery. 2020; 1: 5
- Investigating and prosecuting pill press manufacturing schemes. US Att'vs.Bull. 2018; 66: 33
Food and Drug Administration. When and how to dispose of unused medications. Silver Spring, MD: Food and Drug Administration. Available at:https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/where-and-how-dispose-unused-medicines. Accessed December 8, 2020.