Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Caregiving burden, stress, and health effects among family caregivers of adult cancer patients.JAMA. 2012; 307: 398-403
- The interplay among mindfulness, caregiver burden, and mental health in family members of individuals with dementia.Prof Psychol Res Pr. 2018; 49: 116-123
- Family caregiving in hospice: effects on psychological and health functioning among spousal caregivers of hospice patients with lung cancer or dementia.Hospice J. 2000; 15: 1-18
American Cancer Society. How and where is hospice care provided and how is it paid for? Available at:https://www.cancer.org/treatment/end-of-life-care/hospice-care/who-provides-hospice-care.html. Accessed October 10, 2021.
Reinhard SC, Feinberg LF, Houser A, et al. Valuing the invaluable: 2019 Update. Charting a path forward. AARP Public Policy Institute 2020. Washington DC. Available at:https://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/ppi/2019/11/valuing-the-invaluable-2019-update-charting-a-path-forward.doi.10.26419-2Fppi.00082.001.pdf. Accessed October 10, 2021.
- Longitudinal dyadic interdependence in psychological distress among Latinas with breast cancer and their caregivers.Support Care Cancer. 2020; 28: 2735-2743
- Control over time: employers, workers, and families shaping work schedules.Ann Rev Sociol. 2018; 44: 77-97
- Relationship of perceived social support with mental health in older caregivers.Int J Environ Res Pub Health. 2020; 17: 3886
National Alliance for Caregiving & AARP. Caregiving in the U.S. 2020. Available at: https://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/ppi/2020/05/full-report-caregiving-in-the-united-states.doi.10.26419-2Fppi.00103.001.pdf. Accessed October 10, 2021.
- Exploring factors and caregiver outcomes associated with feelings of preparedness for caregiving in family caregivers in palliative care: a correlational, cross-sectional study.Palliat Med. 2013; 27: 639-646
- The burden of family caregiving in the United States: work productivity, health care resource utilization, and mental health among employed adults.J Multidiscip Healthc. 2017; 10: 437-444
- Work impact and emotional stress among informal caregivers for older adults.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2016; 72: 522-531
- Employment outcomes, financial burden, anxiety, and depression among caregivers of African American cancer survivors.JCO Oncol Pract. 2020; 16: e221-e233
- Reconciling work and family caregiving among adult-child family caregivers of older people with dementia: effects on role strain and depressive symptoms.J Adv Nurs. 2011; 67: 829-840
- Impacts of care-giving and sources of support: a comparison of end-of-life and non-end-of-life caregivers in Canada.Health Soc Care Community. 2016; 24: 214-224
- Mutuality and preparedness moderate the effects of caregiving demand on cancer family caregiver outcomes.Nurs Res. 2007; 56: 425-433
- Measuring the psychosocial characteristics of family caregivers of palliative care patients: psychometric properties of nine self-report instruments.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2006; 31: 215-228
- Nursing support of home hospice caregivers on the day of patient death.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2017; 44: 457-464
- The cancer family caregiving experience: an updated and expanded conceptual model.Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2012; 16: 387-398
- The management of family conflict in palliative care.Prog Palliat Care. 2008; 16: 39-45
- The impact of perceived adequacy of social support on caregiving burden of family caregivers.Fam Soc. 2011; 92: 99-106
- Understanding social support burden among family caregivers.Health Commun. 2014; 29: 901-910
- Partners in hospice care: a program project grant exploring and supporting family caregivers during hospice care through bereavement (SA505).J Pain and Symptom Manag. 2013; 45: 394-395
- Spouse cancer caregivers' burden and distress at entry to home hospice: the role of relationship quality.J Soc Pers Relat. 2016; 33: 666-686
- The caregiver reaction assessment (CRA) for caregivers to persons with chronic physical and mental impairments.Res Nurs Health. 1992; 15: 271-283
- Association between hope and burden reported by family caregivers of patients with advanced cancer.Support Care Cancer. 2013; 21: 2527-2535
- Utilizing evidence-based assessment instruments to detect well-being and distress in English- and Spanish-speaking caregivers of individuals affected by dementia.Dementia. 2019; 18: 2062-2084
- Measures of anxiety: state-trait anxiety inventory (STAI), beck anxiety inventory (BAI), and hospital anxiety and depression scale-anxiety (HADS-A).Arthritis Care Res. 2011; 63: S467-S472
- Rasch analysis of the hospital anxiety and depression scale among caregivers of cancer survivors: implications for its use in psycho-oncology.Psycho Oncol. 2011; 20: 919-925
- Feasibility and efficacy of a resiliency intervention for the prevention of chronic emotional distress among survivor-caregiver dyads admitted to the neuroscience intensive care unit: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2020; 3
- Geriatric depression scale (GDS).Clin Gerontol. 1986; 5: 165-173
- Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: a preliminary report.J Psychiatr Res. 1983; 17: 37-49
- Evaluation of the feasibility, reliability and diagnostic value of shortened versions of the Geriatric Depression Scale.Br J Gen Pract. 1995; 45: 195-199
- Effect of age on Geriatric Depression Scale performance in Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2007; 22: 1331-1335
- Determining clinically important differences in health-related quality of life in older patients with cancer undergoing chemotherapy or surgery.Qual Life Res. 2019; 28: 663-676
IBM. IBM SPSS statistics for windows (version 27). 2020. Armonk, New York.
- Introduction to mediation, moderation, and conditional process analysis.Guilford Press, New York, NY2017
- Beyond baron and kenny: statistical mediation analysis in the new millenium.Commun Monogr. 2009; 76: 408-420
- Informal caregiver burnout? development of a theoretical framework to understand the impact of caregiving.Front psychol. 2019; 10: 1748
- Anxiety, stress and depression in family caregivers of the mentally ill.Aten Primaria. 2014; 46: 176-179
- Accounts of family conflict in home hospice care: the central role of autonomy for informal caregiver resilience.J Fam Nurs. 2019; 25: 190-218
- Multiple caregivers, many minds: family discord and caregiver outcomes.Gerontol. 2020; 61: 661-669
- Burden and depression among caregivers of patients with cancer at the end of life.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2004; 31: 1105-1117
- Financial toxicity and symptom burden: what is the big deal?.Support Care Cancer. 2018; 26: 1357-1359
- Effect of financial costs on caregiving burden of family caregivers of older adults.SAGE Open. 2012; 2
- Challenges and strategies for hospice caregivers: a qualitative analysis.Gerontol. 2017; 57: 648-656
- Work–life flexibility for whom? Occupational status and work–life inequality in upper, middle, and lower level jobs.Acad Manag Ann. 2018; 12: 5-36
- Irregular work shifts, work schedule flexibility and associations with work-family conflict and work stress in the U.S.in: De Groof Work-life balance in the modern workplace. Interdisciplinary Perspectives from Work-Family Research, Law and Policy, 2017 (Available at:)Accessed October 10, 2021)
- Caregiving at the end of life: the challenges for family caregivers.Generations. 2017; 41: 50-57
Schulz R, Eden J, editors. Families caring for an aging America. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2016. Washington D.C.: National Academies Press. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK396402/. Accessed October 10, 2021.
- Assessing the impact of a Carer Support Needs Assessment Tool (CSNAT) intervention in palliative home care: a stepped wedge cluster trial.BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2017; 7: 326-334
Glajchen M. Family caregivers in palliative care and hospice: minimizing burden and maximizing support. National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- National consensus project clinical practice guidelines for quality palliative care guidelines.J Palliat Med. 2018; 21: 1684-1689
- Caregiver care.Am Fam Physician. 2019; 99: 699-706
- Supporting caregivers in the workplace: a practical guide for employers.Northeast Business Group on Health and AARP, 2017