Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Support received by caregivers in Canada (Insights on Canadian Society).Stat Can cat. 2020; (75-006-X): 1-11
CIHI. 1 in 3 unpaid caregivers in Canada are distressed. 2021. Available from: https://www.cihi.ca/en/1-in-3-unpaid-caregivers-in-canada-are-distressed. Accessed November 4, 2021.
- An online survey of informal caregivers’ unmet needs and associated factors.PLoS One. 2020; 15https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0243502
- Family caregivers' strains: comparative analysis of cancer caregiving with dementia, diabetes, and frail elderly caregiving.J Aging Health. 2008; 20: 483-503https://doi.org/10.1177/0898264308317533
- The problems and needs of patients diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 18: 87https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18010087
- Caring for the caregiver: a systematic review characterising the experience of caregivers of older adults with advanced cancers.ESMO Open. 2020; 5https://doi.org/10.1136/esmoopen-2020-000862
- Objective burden, resources, and other stressors among informal cancer caregivers: a hidden quality issue?.Psycho Oncol. 2010; 20: 44-52https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1703
- The role of medical/nursing skills training in caregiver confidence and burden: a CanCORS study.Cancer. 2017; 123: 4481-4487https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.30875
- When do we need to care about the caregiver? Supportive care needs, anxiety, and depression among informal caregivers of patients with cancer and cancer survivors.Cancer. 2015; 121: 1513-1519https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.29223
- Trajectories of mental and physical functioning among spouse caregivers of cancer survivors over the first five years following the diagnosis.Patient Educ Couns. 2017; 100: 1213-1221https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2016.12.031
- Psychosocial care for family caregivers of patients with cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 1227-1234https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.2011.39.5798
- Passages of cancer caregivers' unmet needs across 8 years.Cancer. 2020; 126: 4593-4601https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.33053
- Ethical challenges in family caregivers of patients with advanced cancer – a qualitative study.BMC Palliative Care. 2020; 19https://doi.org/10.1186/s12904-020-00573-6
- The unmet supportive care needs of Chinese patients and CAREGIVERS affected BY cancer: a systematic review.Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2020; https://doi.org/10.1111/ecc.13269
- Caregivers’ mental health and somatic symptoms during COVID-19.J Gerontol. 2020; 76https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/gbaa121
- Effects of COVID-19 on informal caregivers and the development and validation of a scale in English and Spanish to measure the impact of COVID-19 on caregivers.J Appl Gerontol. 2020; 40: 235-243https://doi.org/10.1177/0733464820971511
- A systematic review of telehealth tools and interventions to support family caregivers.J Telemed Telecare. 2014; 21: 37-44https://doi.org/10.1177/1357633X14562734
- Feasibility, useability and acceptability of technology-based interventions for informal cancer carers: a systematic review.BMC Cancer. 2018; 18https://doi.org/10.1186/s12885-018-4160-9
- Mobile health application and e-health literacy: opportunities and concerns for cancer patients and caregivers.J Cancer Educ. 2017; 34: 3-8https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-017-1293-5
- Efficacy of a smartphone app intervention for reducing caregiver stress: Randomized controlled trial.JMIR Mental Health. 2020; 7https://doi.org/10.2196/17541
- Mobile apps for helping informal caregivers: a systematic review.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021; 18: 1702https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18041702
- Mobile applications for caregivers of individuals with chronic conditions and/or diseases: quantitative content analysis.Int J Med Inf. 2021; 145104310https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2020.104310
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015 statement.Syst Rev. 2015; 4https://doi.org/10.1186/2046-4053-4-1
Ward, H. Biggest app stores in the World 2020. Statista Research Department. 2021. Available from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/276623/number-of-apps-available-in-leading-app-stores/. Accessed November 4, 2021.
- Investigating country differences in mobile app user behavior and challenges for software engineering.IEEE Trans Softw Eng. 2015; 41: 40-64https://doi.org/10.1109/tse.2014.2360674
- The invisible hand of the unaccountable algorithm: how Google, Facebook and other tech companies are changing journalism.Digital Technol Journalism. 2017; : 25-46https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-55026-8_2
- Mobile app rating scale: a new tool for assessing the quality of health mobile apps.JMIR MHealth UHealth. 2015; 3https://doi.org/10.2196/mhealth.3422
- Enlight: a comprehensive quality and therapeutic potential evaluation tool for mobile and web-based ehealth interventions.J Med Internet Res. 2017; 19https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.7270
- An evaluation of the suitability, readability, quality, and usefulness of online resources for family caregivers of patients with cancer.Patient Educ Couns. 2019; 102: 1892-1897https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2019.05.010
Federal Trade Commission. Mobile Privacy Disclosures: Building Trust Through Transparency: A Federal Trade Commission Staff Report. 2013. Available from:https://www.ftc.gov/reports/mobile-privacy-disclosures-building-trust-through-transparency-federal-trade-commission. Accessed November 4, 2021.
- Reviewing the data security and privacy policies of mobile apps for depression.Internet Interv. 2019; 15: 110-115https://doi.org/10.1016/j.invent.2018.12.001
- Silhouettes: a graphical aid to the interpretation and validation of cluster analysis.J Comput Appl Math. 1987; 20: 53-65https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-0427(87)90125-7
- Finding groups in data: an introduction to cluster analysis. 344. John Wiley & Sons, 2009
- Systematic evaluation of content and quality of English and German pain apps in European app stores.Internet Interv. 2021; 24100376https://doi.org/10.1016/j.invent.2021.100376
Bosse, E. (2018). Understanding mobile app engagement: an interview study investigating user experiences with health apps (Publication No. 18223) [Master's thesis, University of Twente]. Positive Psychology and Technology.
Eckhardt, T. (2019). Understanding engagement with eHealth-apps: a qualitative interview study (Publication No. 1557378) [Master's thesis, University of Twente]. Positive Psychology and Technology.
- Many mobile health apps target high-need, high-cost populations, but gaps remain.Health Aff. 2016; 35: 2310-2318https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2016.0578
- Health app use among US mobile phone owners: a national survey.JMIR MHealth and UHealth. 2015; 3https://doi.org/10.2196/mhealth.4924