Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Future of the palliative care workforce: preview to an impending crisis.Am J Med. 2017; 130: 113-114https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2016.08.046
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Expanding the Hospice and Palliative Care Workforce. Avalailable at http://aahpm.org/issues/workforce. Accessed April 7, 2022.
- The growing demand for hospice and palliative medicine physicians: will the supply keep up?.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2018; 55: 1216-1223https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2018.01.011
Salsberg ES, Mehfoud N, Quigley L, Lupu D. Profile of active hospice and palliative medicine physicians, 2016. 2017;(September):1-22. Available at http://aahpm.org/uploads/Profile_of_Active_HPM_Physicians_September_2017.pdf. Accessed on October 9, 2021.
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME data resouce book, academic year 2019-2020. Available from 2019-2020_acgme_databook_document.pdf. Accessed on October 9, 2021.
- Lack of exposure to palliative care training for black residents: a study of schools with highest and lowest percentages of black enrollment.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2021; 61: 1023-1027https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2020.11.010
- HBCUs and the production of doctors.AIMS public Heal. 2017; 4: 579-589https://doi.org/10.3934/publichealth.2017.6.579
- Palliative care attitudes and experiences among resident physicians at historically black colleges and universities.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2021; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2021.07.005
- Medical student entry into general surgery increases with early exposure to surgery and to surgeons.Curr Surg. 2006; 63 (PMID: 17084768): 397-400https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cursur.2006.05.005
- Early clinical exposure to geriatric psychiatry and medical students' interest in caring for older adults: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2019; 27 (Epub 2019 Mar 12. PMID: 30954336): 745-751https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jagp.2019.03.004
- What factors influence medical students to enter a career in general practice? A scoping review.Ir J Med Sci. 2021; 190 (Epub 2020 Aug 13. PMID: 32794065): 657-665https://doi.org/10.1007/s11845-020-02345-w
- Mentoring programs for underrepresented minority faculty in academic medical centers: a systematic review of the literature.Acad Med. 2013; 88 (PMID: 23425989; PMCID: PMC3835658): 541-549https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e31828589e3
- Sowing the "CEED"s of a more diverse biomedical workforce: the Career Education and Enhancement for Health Care Research Diversity (CEED) program at the University of Pittsburgh.J Clin Transl Sci. 2019; 3: 21-26https://doi.org/10.1017/cts.2019.364
Shut Up & Write!®. Shut Up & Write!® LLC. Available at: https://shutupwrite.com/. Accessed July 27, 2021.
Authorship Contribution: All authors have contributed to the development and production of this manuscript and have approved this draft.