Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Comparison of fatigue, pain and depression in patients with advanced kidney diease and cancer - symptom burden and clusters.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2019; 57: 566-575https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2018.12.006
- The Prevalance of symptoms in end-stage renal disease: a systematic review.Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2007; 14: 82-99https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ackd.2006.10.001
- Mortality in incident maintenance dialysis patients versus incident solid organ cancer patients: a population-based cohort.Am J Kidney Dis. 2019; 73: 765-776
- 2020 USRDS Annual Data Report: Epidemiology of kidney disease in the United States.National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD2020
- One-year mortality after dialysis initiation among older adults.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 987-990https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2019.0125
- Patient-nephrologist prognostic awareness and discordance in end stage renal disease on renal replacement therapy.Int Urol Nephrol. 2020; 52: 765-773https://doi.org/10.1007/s11255-020-02420-2
- Health Outcome Priorities of Older Adults with Advanced CKD and Concordance with Their Nephrology Providers' Perceptions.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018; 29: 2870-2878https://doi.org/10.1681/ASN.2018060657
- End-of-life care prefrences and needs: perceptions of patient with chronic kidney disease.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 195-204https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.05960809
- Association Between Hospice Length of Stay, Health Care Utilization, and Medicare Costs at the End of Life Among Patients Who Received Maintenance Hemodialysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 792-799https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2018.0256
- Quality of End-of-Life Care Provided to Patients With Different Serious Illnesses.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1095-1102
- Family Perceptions of Quality of End-of-Life Care for Veterans with Advanced CKD.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019; 14: 1324-1335
- Clinical practice. Palliative care.N. Engl. J. Med. 2004; 350: 2582-2590
- Executive summary of the KDGO Controversies Conference on Supportive Care in Chronic Kidney Disease: developing a roadmap to improve quality care.Kidney Int. 2015; 88: 447-459
- Renal supportive and palliative care: position statement.Nephrology. 2013; 18: 393-400https://doi.org/10.1111/neph.12064
- A conceptual ananlysis of renal supportive care: the changing world of nephrology.J Adv Nurs. 2007; 59: 644-653https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04383.x
- A conceptual framework of Palliative Care across the Continuum of Advanced Kidney Diease.Clin J Am Soc Npehrol. 2019; 14: 635-641https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.09330818
- Developing and sustaining a renal supportive care service for people with end-stage kidney disease.Ren Soc Australas J. 2012; 8: 11-17
- Building an Outpatient Kidney Palliative Care Clinical Program.J Pain Symptom Manag. 2018; 55: 108-116https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2017.08.005
- A Descriptive Analysis of an Ambulatory Kidney Palliative Care Program.J Palliat Med. 2020; 23: 259-263https://doi.org/10.1089/jpm.2018.0647
- CKD in Elderly Patients Managed without Dilaysis: Survival, Symptoms, and Quality of Life.Clin J am Soc Nephrol. 2015; 10: 1-9https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.03330414
- A pilot randomized controlled trial of integrated palliative care and nephrology care.Kidney360. 2022; https://doi.org/10.34067/kid.0000352022
Gelfand SL, Lakin JR, Sciacca KR, et al. Specialty-Aligned Palliative Care: Responding to the Needs of a Tertiary Care Health System. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2022. Epub. PMID: 36031081.
- Developing and testing changes in delivery of care.Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128: 651-656https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-128-8-199804150-00009
Brigham Health Boilerplate. Brigham and Women's Hospital. https://www.brighamandwomens.org/about-bwh/newsroom/bwh-boilerplate. Accessed Janruary 21, 2022.
- Inpatient Kidney Palliative Care for Kidney Transplant Recipients With Failing Allografts.Kidney Med. 2022; 4100398https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xkme.2021.10.011
- Formulation of a Virtual Patient and Family Advisory Council for Kidney Palliative Care in the COVID-19 Era.Palliative Care Research Day, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, 2021
Trial Registration: None.
Funding Support: The creation of KidneyPal was funded through operational funds from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.