Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Defining “serious illness.J Palliat Med. 2014; 17 (-985): 985
- Health care costs in the last week of life: associations with end of life conversations.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 480-488
Smith CB, Pintova S, Adelson KS, et al. Disparities in length of goals of care conversations between oncologists and patients with advanced cancer. J Clin Oncol. 36:Supp 19.
- Racial and ethnic disparities in palliative care.J Palliat Med. 2013; 16: 1329-1334
- Health disparities among black persons in the US and addressing racism in the health care system.JAMA Health Forum. 2020; 1e200769https://doi.org/10.1001/jamahealthforum.2020.0769
- Implicit racial/ethnic bias among health care professionals and its influence on health care outcomes: a systematic review.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: 17
- Improved serious illness communication may help mitigate racial disparities in care among black americans with COVID-19.JGIM. 2021; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-020-06557-9
- Association of care at minority-serving vs. non–minority-serving hospitals with use of palliative care among racial/ethnic minorities with metastatic cancer in the United States.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e187633https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.7633
- Racial and ethnic differences in preferences for end-of-life treatment.JGIM. 2009; 24: 695-701
- Racial differences in doctors’ information-giving and patients’ participation.Cancer. 2006; 107: 1313-1320