Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Drug therapy for delirium in terminally ill adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 1Cd004770
- A double-blind trial of haloperidol, chlorpromazine, and lorazepam in the treatment of delirium in hospitalized AIDS patients.The American Journal of Psychiatry. 1996; 153: 231-237
- Efficacy of Oral Risperidone, Haloperidol, or Placebo for Symptoms of Delirium Among Patients in Palliative Care: A Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 34-42
- Effect of Lorazepam With Haloperidol vs Haloperidol Alone on Agitated Delirium in Patients With Advanced Cancer Receiving Palliative Care: A Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA. 2017; 318: 1047-1056
- Neuroleptic strategies for terminal agitation in patients with cancer and delirium at an acute palliative care unit: a single-centre, double-blind, parallel-group, randomised trial.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21: 989-998
- Haloperidol and Ziprasidone for Treatment of Delirium in Critical Illness.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2506-2516
- Feasibility, efficacy, and safety of antipsychotics for intensive care unit delirium: the MIND randomized, placebo-controlled trial.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 428-437
- Antipsychotics for Treating Delirium in Hospitalized Adults: A Systematic Review.Ann Intern Med. 2019; 171: 485-495
- Antipsychotics for treatment of delirium in hospitalised non-ICU patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018; 6Cd005594
- Neuroleptics in the management of delirium in patients with advanced cancer.Current opinion in supportive and palliative care. 2016; 10: 316-323
- Occurrence, causes, and outcome of delirium in patients with advanced cancer: a prospective study.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 786-794
- Benzodiazepines for agitation in patients with delirium: selecting the right patient, right time, and right indication.Current opinion in supportive and palliative care. 2018; 12: 489-494
- Paradoxical severe agitation induced by add-on high-doses quetiapine in schizo-affective disorder.Psychiatry Res. 2014; 216: 286-287
- Antipsychotic medication and seizures: a review.Drugs Today (Barc). 2003; 39: 551-557
- Delirium in adult cancer patients: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines.Ann Oncol. 2018; 29: iv143-iv165
- Delirium at the end of life.Med Clin N Am. 2020; 104: 491-501
- Safety and effectiveness of antipsychotic medication for delirium in patients with advanced cancer: A large-scale multicenter prospective observational study in real-world palliative care settings.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2020; 67: 35-41
- Underlying pathologies and their associations with clinical features in terminal delirium of cancer patients.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2001; 22: 997-1006
- Effectiveness of multicomponent nonpharmacological delirium interventions: a meta-analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 512-520
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: DH is supported in part by grants from the National Cancer Institute (R01CA214960; R01CA225701; R01CA231471).
Conflict of interest disclosure: DH has been a paid consultant for Eton Pharmaceuticals. MA has received funding for investigator initiated clinical trials from Commonwealth Department of Health, Australia and Cancer Australia. MA is a board member of the European Delirium Association and Committee member of Australian Delirium Association. IM declares no conflict of interest.