Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Opioid addiction, diversion, and abuse in chronic and cancer pain.Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2018; 12: 124-130
- Opioids and cancer pain: patients' needs and access challenges.J Oncol Pract. 2019; 15: 229-231
- Identifying and assessing the risk of opioid abuse in patients with cancer: an integrative review.Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2016; 7: 71-79
- Emergency department visits for opioid overdoses among patients with cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2020; 112: 938-943
- Vital signs: pharmacy-based naloxone dispensing — United States, 2012–2018.in: US Department of Health and Human Services/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 68. 2019
- Incidence of opioid-associated deaths in cancer survivors in the United States, 2006-2016: a population study of the opioid epidemic.JAMA Oncol. 2020; 6: 1100-1102
- Association of opioid overdose with opioid prescriptions to family members.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 1186-1192
- Association of opioids prescribed to family members with opioid overdose among adolescents and young adults.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e201018
- When patients take charge of opioids: self-management concerns and practices among cancer outpatients in the context of opioid crisis.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2020; 59: 618-625
Katie Fitzgerald Jones ZS. How to screen for opioid use disorder and navigate complex opioid decisions. Case reviews web site.https://www.capc.org/events/case-reviews/how-to-screen-for-opioid-use-disorder-and-navigate-complex-opioid-decisions/. Published 2021. Accessed June 1, 2022.
- CDC clinical practice guideline for prescribing opioids for pain - United States, 2022.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2022; 71: 1-95
- Attitudes toward naloxone prescribing in clinical settings: a qualitative study of patients prescribed high dose opioids for chronic non-cancer pain.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 277-283
- Management of chronic pain in survivors of adult cancers: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 3325-3345
- National patterns in prescription opioid use and misuse among cancer survivors in the United States.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2013605