Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Pain in sickle cell disease. Rates and risk factors.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 11-16
- Thinking beyond sickling to better understand pain in sickle cell disease.Eur J Haematol. 2014; 93: 89-95
- Key components of pain management for children and adults with sickle cell disease.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2018; 32: 535-550
- A biopsychosocial-spiritual model of chronic pain in adults with sickle cell disease.Pain Manag Nurs Off J Am Soc Pain Manag Nurses. 2013; 14: 287-301
- Documented electronic medical record-based pain intensity scores at a tertiary pediatric medical center: a cohort analysis.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2014; 48: 924-933
- Pharmacokinetic optimisation of opioid treatment in acute pain therapy.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1997; 33: 225-244
- Basic opioid pharmacology: an update.Br J Pain. 2012; 6: 11-16
- Pain experience of children with sickle cell disease who had prolonged hospitalizations for acute painful episodes.Pain Med Malden Mass. 2008; 9: 13-21
- Management of vaso-occlusive pain in children with sickle cell disease.J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2003; 25: 307-311
- IMPROVE trial: a randomized controlled trial of patient-controlled analgesia for sickle cell painful episodes: rationale, design challenges, initial experience, and recommendations for future studies.Clin Trials Lond Engl. 2013; 10: 319-331
- Opioid patient controlled analgesia use during the initial experience with the IMPROVE PCA trial: a phase III analgesic trial for hospitalized sickle cell patients with painful episodes.Am J Hematol. 2011; 86: E70-E73
- A comparison of two regimens of patient-controlled analgesia for children with sickle cell disease.J Pediatr Nurs. 1998; 13: 15-19
- Equianalgesic dose ratios for opioids. a critical review and proposals for long-term dosing.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2001; 22: 672-687
R Core Team. R: A Language and environment for statistical computing. [Internet]. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. Available at: https://www.R-project.org/. Accessed May 24, 2022.
- Practice guidelines for acute pain management in the perioperative setting: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Acute Pain Management.Anesthesiology. 2012; 116: 248-273
- Patient-controlled analgesia for sickle cell pain crisis in a pediatric emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2004; 20: 2-4
- Evaluation of vaso-occlusive crisis management with patient-controlled analgesia in children with sickle cell disease requiring hospitalization.J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther JPPT Off J PPAG. 2021; 26: 615-623
- Variation in hospitalizations and hospital length of stay in children with vaso-occlusive crises in sickle cell disease.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2005; 44: 182-186